Thursday, July 26

Joy Inexpressible...

I know that you can do all things and no purpose of yours can be thwarted. Job 42:2
..
The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. Psalm 33:11
..
But I trust in you, O Lord; I say "You are my God."
My times are in your hands. Psalm 31:14-15
..
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible
and filled with glory. 1 Peter 1:6-8
..

This is my favorite song on the Valley of Vision CD. I love these lyrics; they speak so much truth and bring so much encouragement, hope, and joy! :) ...Recently, the Lord has kindly revealed some things to me that I had been leaning and depending on, things other than Himself. Yes, it can feel like "disarmament", but this is so often what it takes for me to see just how tightly I begin to cling to the worries and cares of this world. But what a glorious thing it is to have my eyes opened and these burdens removed, no matter how painful it can be. Lord, you alone completely satisfy my heart. Thank you for helping me see where I was striving after that which does not satisfy. Give me more grace! Thank you for this peace and joy!
..
It Was Your Grace
It was your grace that drew me to the cross
It was your grace that gave me faith
It was your grace that reconciled me to Yourself
Though I had sinned in every way
You disarmed me of everything that I would lean on
So I would lean on You
And You stripped me of everything I would depend on
So I'd depend on you
..
In You alone my strength is found
In You alone my hope abounds
In You alone my strength is found
My life is bound up in You
..
And in my weakness give me still more grace
Grace to cast myself on You
In every trial let me find your peace and joy
And grace to humbly walk with You
O disarm me of everything that I would lean on
So I will lean on You
Jesus, strip me of everything I would depend on
So I'll depend on You
..
Give me more grace
Give me more grace
And new mercies every morning
Give me new mercies
..
Here I am, at your feet, in my brokenness complete.

No comments: